Monday, November 19, 2007

XPCOM Lab!

The XPCOM lab was rather difficult for me to finish with all the other assignments due and the open source release 0.2 due the same week. But today's lab time really helped me in finally completing the lab. I talked to Arman and he guided me in the right direction of how to finish the lab and what i was doing wrong and now it's finally done.

One thing that was neat to know after reading and doing this lab about XPCOM was how components have ability to implement multiple interfaces. Something i never thought about before.

The error i was receiving was something like this : "Malformed File: Minefield could not install this item because "insall.rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the author about this problem"

And then Arman showed me his blog and that resolved that issue and rest was easy. Glad to have made my first XPCOM component!

No comments: